<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          Business / Markets

          Standard Chartered axes equities business and cut 4000 jobs

          (Agenices) Updated: 2015-01-09 09:01

          Standard Chartered axes equities business and cut 4000 jobs

          An office worker walks past a Standard Chartered logo outside its head office in Singapore January 8, 2015. [Photo/Agencies] 

          Standard Chartered Chief Executive Peter Sands moved aggressively on Thursday to reverse the Asia-focused bank's fortunes by closing the bulk of its global equities business and axing 4,000 jobs in retail banking.

          The lender said it was dismantling its stockbroking, equity research and equity listing desks worldwide, becoming one of the first global banks to get out of the equity capital markets business completely. The decision to close the loss-making division will lead to 200 job cuts, almost all in Asia.

          In its retail banking division, Standard Chartered said it has announced 2,000 job cuts in the last three months, and plans to axe a further 2,000 this year. The cuts would represent about 5 percent of the bank's 86,000 employees.

          The bank also announced the departure of Chief Risk Officer Richard Goulding and Jan Verplancke, chief information officer. It said both were retiring from the company and would stay until successors were appointed.

          Sands, who turned 53 on Thursday and has been CEO for eight years, is coming under increasing pressure after a troubled two years, which abruptly halted a decade of record profits. Some investors said last year he should go, or the bank should at least lay out a clear succession plan.

          Falling commodity prices and a slowdown in growth in many of its core emerging markets ate into Standard Chartered's earnings in 2014 and the bank has been hit by a surge in bad loans and rising regulatory costs.

          Closing the equities businesses, which had revenues of about $100 million a year but were losing money, should save the bank $100 million a year from 2016.

          That will add to a plan announced in October to cut $400 million in costs this year as Sands tries to reverse a slide in profits that has seen the bank's share price slump more than 40 percent over the past two years.

          Bankers in Standard Chartered's equities division in Hong Kong arrived on Thursday to find they were locked out of the office. Some in Singapore were escorted from their workplaces.

          "We came in this morning and were told the equity business was being shut down," a woman who identified herself as an ex-employee at the bank's offices in Singapore told Reuters, saying she had worked in research.

          Standard Chartered's London shares were up 2.7 percent and its share rose 2.9 percent in Hong Kong as analysts welcomed signs that Sands is prepared to go further with his strategy overhaul.

          Some analysts said more action may be needed to get the bank back on track, however.

          "It's a logical step. But laying off staff is not enough to address the situation," said James Antos, a banking analyst at Mizuho Securities Asia in Hong Kong.

          Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

          Hot Topics

          Editor's Picks
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产欧美日韩另类| 国产综合精品久久久久成人影院| 国产精品激情av在线播放| 亚洲天堂激情av在线| 亚洲日本欧美日韩中文字幕| 亚洲综合精品第一页| 国产精品亚洲视频在线观看| 国产精品午夜福利免费看| 国产亚洲第一精品| 性欧美暴力猛交69hd| 欧美视频专区一二在线观看| 亚洲一区二区三区影院| 亚洲最大成人免费av| 青青草a国产免费观看| 国产成人午夜一区二区三区 | 夜夜添无码试看一区二区三区| 国产不卡精品视频男人的天堂| 日韩人妻无码精品久久| 偷青青国产精品青青在线观看| 国产在线亚州精品内射| 亚洲国产精品无码中文| 中文字幕亚洲制服在线看| 色在线 | 国产| 亚洲国产精品一区二区第一页| 少妇人妻呻呤| 91精品国产自产91精品| 日韩av一区二区三区不卡| 精品无码国产一区二区三区av| 蜜桃视频在线免费观看一区二区| 精品无码国产一区二区三区AV| 97久久精品人人澡人人爽| 免费中文字幕无码视频| 成在线人永久免费视频播放| 女同亚洲精品一区二区三 | 亚洲一区二区不卡av| 亚洲中文无码手机永久| 午夜福利你懂的在线观看| 亚洲欧洲日产国码久在线| 午夜精品久久久久久久爽 | 中文字幕av无码免费一区| 色视频不卡一区二区三区|