<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          Business / Companies

          Machinery firm defends case against Obama

          By Wei Tian (China Daily) Updated: 2012-10-19 13:16

          The country's largest machinery manufacturer vowed on Thursday to "fight to the very end" in its attempt to sue US President Barack Obama for blocking its wind farm project in the United States over national security concerns.

          Although the chances of manufacturing giant Sany Group winning the case are slim, it signals a new era for Chinese companies seeking to protect their interests in overseas markets through legal means, experts said.

          They also warned that the case could have consequences on Chinese investment in the US.

          Wu Jialiang, deputy general manager of Sany Group and CEO of Ralls Corp, an affiliated enterprise of Sany in the US, told a news conference in Beijing that the action was "based on Sany's confidence in the US legal system, as well as its belief that there is no threat posed to US national security of any kind".

          Ralls, which is owned by two Sany executives, planned to install wind turbines, made by Sany, close to a naval site in Oregon which is used to test unmanned drones, a highly sensitive and prized US technology.

          "All procedures and permits required before construction were in place and confirmed by specialist lawyers, and the projects had received 'No Hazards' clearance from the Federal Aviation Administration," Wu said.

          The project came to the attention of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, which eventually led to an order mandating construction to cease and all equipment to be removed.

          "This measure caused us more than $20 million in direct investment losses, excluding indirect losses.

          "Even until today, we don't quite understand why, in the first place, the committee wanted to launch its investigation," Wu said.

          Ralls submitted the lawsuit to the US district court for the District of Columbia on Oct 1, citing Obama and the committee as codefendants after the US president issued a presidential order late last month to halt the project.

          "Chinese people would normally choose not to engage in a lawsuit, especially in a totally unfamiliar country thousands of miles away, but this time we will fight until the very end," Wu said.

          "If, in the end, Sany wins this lawsuit it will be a triumph of the US legal system and it will be the best demonstration to the world that the US is indeed a country where legitimate investment will be protected by the constitution regardless of where it comes from," he said.

          The case will be heard on Nov 28.

          Tim Tingkang Xia, an attorney representing Ralls, acknowledged that the case will be a tough one as the courts often agree with decisions made by the committee.

          "The whole world sees the chance of winning at no more than 1 percent, but I think it should be more than that. I believe that in a society governed by the rules of law, nobody can be above the constitution of the United States, not even the president even in the name of national security," he told the news conference.

          Obama's order marked the first time since 1990 that a US president has formally blocked a business transaction on security grounds.

          The decision to block the project came as a congressional committee urged US companies to stop doing business with two Chinese telecom equipment makers, Huawei Technologies and ZTE Corp, over security concerns.

          However, a White House-ordered review of security risks found no evidence that either company had been involved in espionage.

          Seven years after Sany established its presence in the US, the world's sixth-largest machinery manufacturer has two bases, in Atlanta and Wisconsin. Its operations in the US have involved hundreds of millions dollars and created hundreds of jobs.

          "Ours is a relatively small case, but it connects to the fundamental faith of thousands of Chinese investors. I firmly believe that mishandling this delicate matter will cause the US to lose thousands of job opportunities," Wu said.

          Xiang Wenbo, a director of Sany Group, said "the process is more important than the outcome; dignity is more important than money".

          "In China, we have critics who say China is not open enough and they worship the free market in the US but I want to tell them things are different."

          Hao Junbo, a claims and litigation expert, said Chinese companies used to back away from international disputes.

          "As a lawyer for Chinese companies, I know how they would often react passively when their interests were challenged," Hao said. "Sany is the first but it will not be the last. Chinese companies are increasingly confident in dealing with legal issues."

          "The presidential order will hurt Obama's image," said Zhang Guoqing, professor at the Institute of American Studies of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.

          "Besides damaging Chinese investor confidence, China might come with similar measures against major US companies in China," he said.

          Niu Xinchun, vice-president of the Institute of American Studies at the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, said there is a tendency for US politicians to believe that "whatever the reasons are, being tough to China is safe".

          Wen Xinzheng in Changsha contributed to this story.

          weitian@chinadaily.com.cn

          Hot Topics

          Editor's Picks
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩最新在线不卡av| 国产成人AV国语在线观看| 亚洲sm另类一区二区三区| 久久www免费人成看| 国产精品二区中文字幕| 曰本超级乱婬Av片免费| 最新亚洲人成网站在线观看| 日韩丝袜欧美人妻制服| 欧美中日韩免费观看网站| 国产蜜臀在线一区二区三区| 视频二区国产精品职场同事| 永久黄网站色视频免费观看| 国产蜜臀久久av一区二区| 国产叼嘿视频一区二区三区 | 亚洲精品91中文字幕| 久久99热只有频精品8| 把女人弄爽大黄A大片片| 成人av天堂男人资源站| 国产精品一区二区久久不卡| 久久久久亚洲精品无码蜜桃| 国产av综合色高清自拍| 欧美gv在线| 久久一本人碰碰人碰| 精品人妻av综合一区二区| 亚洲午夜精品国产电影在线观看| 欧美成人aaa片一区国产精品| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮的app| 色系免费一区二区三区| 小伙无套内射老熟女精品| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 免费视频欧美无人区码| 免费观看欧美猛交视频黑人| 69天堂人成无码免费视频| 欧美人与性动交α欧美精品| 韩国福利视频一区二区三区| 国产99久久无码精品| 日99久9在线 | 免费| 亚洲人精品午夜射精日韩| 在线亚洲欧美日韩精品专区| 4480yy亚洲午夜私人影院剧情 | 亚洲精品国产字幕久久不卡|