|
BIZCHINA> Top Biz News
![]() |
|
China sees 'unprecedented' foreign trade friction
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2009-07-15 14:23 China was cited in 60 investigations by foreign trade partners in the first half of the year, a sign of rising global protectionism, according to a commercial official. The investigations, initiated by 15 countries, involved trade worth $8.267 billion and were "unprecedented both in terms of the number of cases and the value," Liu Danyang, vice director with the Bureau of Fair Trade for Imports and Exports under the Ministry of Commerce, said at a seminar that opened Tuesday. Last year Chinese foreign trade companies were cited in 62 investigations concerning accusations of dumping, subsidies and safeguard measures, that involved $6.2billion, said Liu. "The situation this year reveals that trade protectionism is on the rise in many countries despite global calls against it," Liu told the seminar on countering international trade risks.
The official called for cooperation, stressing that "irresponsible trade protectionism will only harm both sides of the deal". In addition to the usual charges, Chinese trade companies suffered new protectionist measures of higher tariffs, technical barriers, depreciation and trans-national investment obstruction. Some countries were taking advantage of their developed markets and advanced technologies and products to crack down on developing countries or their rising industries, Liu said. Liu cited the example of Guangdong Provincial Food Industry Institute's legal battle against Tate & Lyle, one of the world's biggest sugar companies, over the alleged intellectual property rights infringement of an artificial sweetener in April. "The case was similar to many others, in which powerful companies were trying to snuff out new rivals to retain their dominant position in the world market," Liu said. Wang Sanyong, a researcher with Guangdong Provincial Food Industry Institute, said his institute won the case, but at enormous cost. "The product was solely developed by our researchers and the technology was different to that of the British company," said Wang. "However, it cost us 20 million yuan ($2.91 million) during the two-year legal procedure, which hacked profits and almost forced us to suspend operations," he said. The new phenomenon, partly triggered by the financial crisis, not only impaired Chinese companies, but also delayed the recovery of global economy, said Liang Yaowen, director of Guangdong Provincial Administration of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation. Some countries were trying to turn temporary measures, such as anti-dumping and anti-subsidy, into long-term and fixed policies on the pretext of maintaining a trade balance, said Yan Qifa, a researcher with the Export-Import Bank of China, administered by the State Council. China's exports fell 26.4 percent in May from the same month a year ago to $88.758 billion, while imports were down 25.2 percent to $75.37 billion, according to the General Administration of Customs (For more biz stories, please visit Industries)
|
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久久网站| 亚洲午夜福利精品一二飞| 国产蜜臀av在线一区在线| 丁香婷婷无码不卡在线| 717午夜伦伦电影理论片| 国产亚洲欧美日韩国产片| 国产精品中文字幕av| 99精品国产在热久久| 国产91成人亚洲综合在线| 亚洲精品自拍区在线观看| 四虎影视库国产精品一区| 国产亚洲精品自在久久蜜TV| 99人妻碰碰碰久久久久禁片 | 久久超碰色中文字幕超清| 色婷婷五月综合激情中文字幕| 伊人激情一区二区三区av| 天堂一区二区三区av| 国产成 人 综合 亚洲奶水 | 亚洲一区二区约美女探花| 精品视频不卡免费观看| 国内熟妇人妻色在线三级| 91久久久久无码精品露脸| 日韩成人一区二区三区在线观看| 国内少妇偷人精品免费| 亚洲一区二区女优av| 亚洲国产中文字幕精品| 欧美精品亚洲精品日韩精品| 久热久热久热久热久热久热| 日本丰满少妇高潮呻吟| 无码人妻斩一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕无码不卡电影| 久久精品无码一区二区无码| 久久精品免视看国产成人| 亚洲另类无码一区二区三区| 亚洲香蕉在线| 国产最新进精品视频| 国产日产欧洲无码视频无遮挡| 亚洲嫩模喷白浆在线观看| 亚洲中文在线精品国产| 欧美视频二区欧美影视| 永久免费av无码网站直播|