|
BIZCHINA> Top Biz News
![]() |
|
Outbound investment unlikely to outstrip FDI
By Ding Qingfen (China Daily)
Updated: 2009-07-02 07:44 Despite a surge in Chinese overseas direct investment (ODI) in recent years, it is unlikely to outpace inbound foreign direct investment (FDI) this year, government officials and experts said yesterday. Responding to recent forecasts by foreign banks and other organizations that ODI may overtake FDI, they said it is not likely to happen soon, at least not this year, partly due to Chinalco's $19.5 billion failed bid last month to raise its stake in Rio Tinto, the world's third-largest mining company. Even though Chinese National Petroleum Corp, joining hands with British energy giant BP, won the bid to develop Iraq's biggest oilfield on Tuesday, it may not significantly raise overall ODI this year because most deals signed in the past few months are "of small volume". The Ministry of Commerce will hold a press conference this morning at the 13th China International Fair for Investment and Trade where it is expected to talk about ODI prospects. "The truth is the number of ODI cases is rising, but the volume is still going down, as many cases are still small," said Chen Rongkai, a division director at the ministry.
In the first quarter, ODI cases grew by 7 percent to 445, but the volume was down by a big margin, according to Caijing magazine, which quoted ministry officials who did not reveal the figures. The first-half ODI figure is expected to be released soon. The officials said the government would roll out policies to encourage ODI to leverage the opportunities generated amid the financial crisis. Last month, the government said it would relax foreign exchange curbs from Aug 1 on firms wanting to invest abroad, with up to $30 billion dollars expected to flow out. And in March, the commerce ministry announced local governments had been given increased powers for approving ODI. "There will be more such official measures to stimulate Chinese ODI," Chen said.
Standard Chartered Bank said in April that Chinese ODI could reach $150-180 billion this year, way ahead of the projected $80-100 billion in FDI. Last year, Chinese ODI was $52.1 billion, while FDI was $92.4 billion, almost double. Li Jianfeng, macro-economy analyst at Shanghai Securities, said: "It is impossible for FDI to be easily outstripped by ODI even though FDI growth is negative. ODI growth will be gradual." Also, industry insiders said, Chinese companies planning large-scale overseas investments face protectionist and national security barriers set by governments. For Li Jianfeng, "ODI is one way to relieve the growing pressure that China is under because of increasing foreign exchange reserves and to promote the internationalization of the yuan". (For more biz stories, please visit Industries)
|
|||||
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产不卡精品一区二区三区| 久久久久人妻精品一区三寸 | 亚洲综合久久一区二区三区| 五月天综合社区| 男女激情一区二区三区| 亚洲色图欧美激情| 男人猛躁进女人免费播放| 思思久99久女女精品| 少妇仑乱a毛片无码| 天美传媒mv免费观看完整| 亚洲色大成永久WW网站| 福利一区二区在线播放| 日本道精品一区二区三区| 国产精品色婷婷亚洲综合看片| 亚洲永久精品日韩成人av| 婷婷综合缴情亚洲| 成人精品自拍视频免费看| 国产成人av大片大片| 最新av中文字幕无码专区| 野外做受三级视频| 少妇bbbb| 韩国青草无码自慰直播专区| 亚洲人成色7777在线观看不卡| 中文人妻av高清一区二区| 99国精品午夜福利视频不卡99| 另类专区一区二区三区| 精品日韩av在线播放| 老熟妇国产一区二区三区| 亚洲成精品动漫久久精久| 国产高清精品在线91| 国产精品久久久久久久专区 | 成人在线视频一区| 午夜福利国产一区二区三区| 色欲AV无码一区二区人妻| 国产精品国产亚洲区久久| 亚洲色婷婷一区二区| 亚洲码国产精品高潮在线| 亚洲红杏AV无码专区首页| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 亚洲国产高清第一第二区| 特级做a爰片毛片免费看无码|