|
BIZCHINA> Top Biz News
![]() |
|
Exhibitors cut outlay on Expo '10
By Liu Weiling and Ding Qingfen (China Daily)
Updated: 2009-03-06 07:41
The financial tsunami has taken its toll on the 2010 Shanghai World Expo but the start date will not be put back, a Chinese government official in charge of the largest international gala insisted yesterday.
So far 231 nations and organizations have signed up to take part in the expo, with 49 nations and 22 enterprises planning to construct their own exhibition centers. But only seven nations, including China, have already started the work. "The delay in construction is my biggest concern," Wan Jifei, the director of Shanghai World Expo Executive Committee, told China Daily on the sidelines of the annual session of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference. Even the United States are still to kick off construction of their hall. "Although the US orally agreed to build its own center, it has not signed a contract with the Chinese and has not started construction, probably because of money pressures," said Wan, who is also chairman of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade. According to the US law, cash from government funds cannot be invested in the World Expo, so the cash must be raised by an independent organization. But the financial crisis has made it a tough task. "We hope the US government can reiterate its support to the program and make some progress," said Wan, who added the good news was "nobody had withdrawn from the expo, which presents a clear confidence of the participants in China and the expo". But he said if any country decided to withdraw in the future "it would be understandable". Last-minute withdrawals happened at the 2000 Universal Exhibition in Hanover, Germany, and the 2005 World Expo in Aichi, Japan.
But even Iceland, a country reportedly on the verge of going bankrupt, has still insisted it will be present at the Shanghai expo. "Whatever happens, the expo will open on schedule. We are trying our best," added Wan. The 2010 World Expo will start a trial run on Jan 1 next year before being officially opened on May 1. It will close on Oct 31. Not all halls will be open to visitors during the trial as construction may still be ongoing, said Wan. The effects of the global financial crisis on companies taking part has already been clear to see, with multinational company Siemens just one of the many that has gone from passionate expo supporter to silent partner in recent months. So has Eastern Airlines. The third largest carrier in China is a partner of the 2010 World Expo but it has become hesitant in signing cooperative agreements since it recorded a 2.29-billion-yuan loss between January and September 2008. Luckily, tourist traffic is likely to be unaffected as only 5 percent of the estimated 70 million visitors are expected to come from overseas. "Most of the visitors will come from the Yangtze River Delta," added Wan. For the 2005 Aichi World Expo, around 90 percent of visitors were from Japan.
(For more biz stories, please visit Industries)
|
主站蜘蛛池模板: 老司机午夜福利视频| 久久婷婷丁香五月综合五| 97国内精品久久久久不卡| 国产精品一区二区三区四| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天5| 激情综合网激情激情五月天| 国语精品一区二区三区| 无人区码一码二码三码区| 国产精品成人午夜福利| 邻居少妇张开腿让我爽了在线观看| 亚洲精品国产av成人网| 日韩精品国产中文字幕| 日韩美少妇大胆一区二区| 偷窥盗摄国产在线视频| 久久这里都是精品一区| 国产精品中文一区二区| 欧洲成人在线观看| 亚洲 制服 丝袜 无码| 欧洲女人裸体牲交视频| 极品粉嫩小泬无遮挡20p| 日韩亚洲国产高清免费视频| 国产高清国产精品国产专区| 韩国无码av片在线观看| 国产乱精品一区二区三区| 97久久精品人人做人人爽| 99久久久无码国产麻豆| 欧美精品国产一区二区三区| 任我爽精品视频在线播放| 亚洲国产成人无码网站大全| 国产精品免费AⅤ片在线观看| 99爱在线精品免费观看| 国产AV福利第一精品| 久久无码中文字幕免费影院| 四虎国产精品永久在线| 啪啪av一区二区三区| 国产午夜在线观看视频播放| 高潮videossex潮喷| 啦啦啦视频在线观看播放www | 999国产精品999久久久久久| 亚洲国产色播AV在线| 免费无码高H视频在线观看|