|
BIZCHINA> Center
![]() |
|
Related
Tangerine sales back from scare
By Xie Chuanjiao (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-11-03 06:56 Sale of tangerines started recovering over the weekend following a fruit fly scare that saw record lows in business in mid-October, the Ministry of Agriculture said on Sunday. "Tangerine sales in major production areas such as Hubei, Henan, Jiangxi, Sichuan and Guangxi provinces have all begun rising after concerted efforts to boost business," the ministry said on its website. Sale of the fruit was hit by reports in Sichuan late last month that 10,000 tons of tangerines had to be destroyed in the province because of fruit flies, including maggots found in supplies. Sichuan officials refuted the reports. They said only 12 tons were destroyed and the situation was under control. Sales on Friday reportedly returned to 70 percent of the daily amount before the scandal broke out. In Beijing, sales at the Xinfadi agricultural wholesale market climbed back to 2,000 tons on Friday, compared with 300 tons on October 22. "The pests had been contained and the situation is under control," the ministry said. However, industry sources said it will still take time to rebuild public confidence over sale of the fruit. "Sales are still half that of the same period last year," China Central Television Sunday quoted Xinfadi market chairman Zhang Yuxi as saying. Sichuan farmer Peng Qianwu was expecting to clear a whole truck of tangerines that arrived three days ago on Sunday. "Last year, the first truck of tangerines would have already been sold out by early morning," Peng was quoted on Sunday by Beijing News as saying. November is a peak season for tangerine sales and the ministry said further measures will be adopted to boost sales, such as the exemption of transportation fees of tangerine products. During a special conference on Friday, Vice-Minister of Agriculture Wei Chao'an also called on all related departments to carry out measures to facilitate tangerine sales. Similarly, technical training and guidance on keeping tangerines fresh will be organized for farmers. Special arrangements will also be made to address pests and ensure fruit quality. On Saturday, Vice-Minister of Agriculture Chen Xiaohua helped promote tangerine sales in Yichang, Hubei. Chen ate several tangerines during the ongoing 5th China Agriculture Fair to ease panic over the pests. Scientists have also told the public not to overreact from the scandal. "Fruit flies are ordinary tangerine pests and do no harm to people," said botanist Zhang Yuxi. "The pests occur in many places every year and can be prevented and controlled." Tangerine planting areas have reportedly increased by 66,600 hectares annually in the past five years, reaching a total of two million hectares last year. (For more biz stories, please visit Industries)
|
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品美女一区二区| 国产精品无码免费播放| 国产午夜精品福利视频| 亚洲AV综合色区无码一区| 中文字幕一区二区三区麻豆| 国产二区三区不卡免费| 日韩中文字幕高清有码| 亚洲欧美日韩在线码| 2021国产成人精品久久| 亚洲精品国产精品国在线| 国产成人精品人人| 久久羞羞色院精品全部免费 | 最新国产麻豆aⅴ精品无码 | 精品国产大片中文字幕| 国产免费午夜福利757| 色悠悠在线观看入口一区| 日韩爱爱视频| 国产成人高清精品亚洲一区| 精品尤物TV福利院在线网站| 色欧美片视频在线观看| 欧美一区二区三区在线观看| 人妻丝袜av中文系列先锋影音| 少妇无套内谢免费视频| 熟女亚洲综合精品伊人久久| 国产精品无码a∨麻豆| 日韩中文字幕免费在线观看 | 久久国产乱子精品免费女| 永久免费AV无码网站YY| 欧美xxxxhd高清| 亚洲精品爆乳一区二区H| 国产亚洲精品久久久久婷婷图片 | 国产亚洲精品VA片在线播放 | 农村乱色一区二区高清视频| 99在线小视频| 九九热久久这里全是精品| 久久se精品一区二区三区| 神马久久亚洲一区 二区| 97久久精品人人做人人爽| 成人免费无码视频在线网站| 伊人热热久久原色播放WWW| 手机看片日韩国产毛片|