|
BIZCHINA> Center
![]() |
|
Related
Earthquake shakes tourism industry
By Lu Haoting (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-05-27 07:07 The 8-magnitude earthquake that devastated Sichuan province on May 12 would seriously hamper tourism in affected regions in the short term, industry insiders have said. China National Tourism Administration (CNTA) has ordered all travel agencies to cancel trips destined for, or passing through, quake-affected areas, and the local tourism industry's major players are already feeling the pinch. The administration also requested tourists refrain from visiting these areas in the near future. Shanghai Spring International Travel Service spokesman Zhang Lei said: "We haven't yet calculated the economic losses caused by the quake, but I'm sure they will be huge." Sichuan-bound excursions are among the most popular of the firm's travel packages, generating about 10 percent of its total domestic travel revenue. "Given the difficulties of restoring the damaged infrastructure, it would be difficult to resume trips to Sichuan in the short term, even if the CNTA were to allow us to organize them," Zhang said, adding that many tourists would be reluctant to visit affected areas for some time because of the "psychological shadow" cast by the disaster. When the quake struck on May 12, 298 tourists were on Shanghai Spring International trips in the province, including 281 visitors from Shanghai and 17 from Shanxi province. They had all been safely returned home by May 21. Many customers bound for other regions in China cancelled their trips with the company after the quake. Zhang said part of the reason was that the natural disaster cast a "psychological shadow" over the entire nation. "Everybody is busy trying to help the victims, and so sightseeing and relaxation seems inappropriate at the moment," Zhang said. Second blow The quake is the second disaster to negatively impact the country's tourism industry this year, after the worst blizzards to hit China in half a century wreaked havoc on the southern part of the country in February. Prolonged cold weather put the chill on travelers' enthusiasm during Spring Festival. The country's tourism industry earned 39 billion yuan ($5.62 billion) during the Golden Week this year, 6.2 percent less than in 2007, CNTA figures show. Many popular tourist sites reported fewer visitors during the period, as weather and traffic concerns led many people to cancel travel plans. "2008 will probably be a tough year for the country's tourism industry," Zhang said, adding that the cancellation of the Labor Day Golden Week holiday also negatively impacted long-distance travel. China previously had three Golden Weeks a year - one during Lunar New Year, one starting from Labor Day on May 1 and one starting from National Day on October 1 - and these were the country's peak travel times. However, the government shaved several days off the Labor Day Golden Week starting from 2008, substituting it with three new public holidays on the dates of traditional festivals. "Frequent natural disasters would dampen enthusiasm for travel, so we have upgraded travel companies' risk ratings," said Tang Jianwei, analyst with Guojin Securities, which has downgraded travel industry shares from "buy" to "hold". (For more biz stories, please visit Industries)
|
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产一卡2卡三卡4卡免费网站| 日韩亚洲国产激情一区二区| 中文字幕无码免费久久9一区9| 99久久精品免费看国产电影| 国产精品二区中文字幕| 伊人久久大香线蕉av网禁呦| 欧洲亚洲国内老熟女超碰| 老司机精品影院一区二区三区| 婷婷综合亚洲| 蜜臀AⅤ永久无码精品| A级毛片免费完整视频| 久久综合久中文字幕青草| 久久99久久99精品免视看动漫| 亚洲香蕉免费有线视频| 精品久久久久久无码人妻VR| 麻豆精品一区二区三区蜜臀| 亚洲高清国产拍精品熟女| 精品午夜福利在线视在亚洲| 欧美喷水抽搐magnet| 无码国产精品免费看| 韩国三级在线 中文字幕 无码| a狠狠久久蜜臀婷色中文网| 婷婷色香五月综合缴缴情香蕉| 久久se精品一区精品二区国产 | 蜜桃AV抽搐高潮一区二区| 99在线精品免费视频| 日韩伦人妻无码| 国产亚洲欧洲av综合一区二区三区| 国产成人啪精品视频免费APP | 国产精品嫩草99av在线| 综合偷自拍亚洲乱中文字幕| 日韩国产av一区二区三区精品| 成人特黄A级毛片免费视频| 毛片大全真人在线| 亚洲日本精品一区二区| 精品一区二区三区蜜桃久| 国产中文字幕精品在线| 草莓视频成人| 国色天香成人一区二区| 色噜噜av男人的天堂| 激情久久综合精品久久人妻|