|
BIZCHINA> Center
![]() |
|
Related
Compensation brings relief
By Wang Zhenghua (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-05-23 10:31 Song Juan received 29,000 yuan ($4,140) yesterday. She is among the first quake survivors to be paid compensation. She lost her mother in the catastrophe, and spent 7,000 yuan for "a decent funeral". The resident of Xingfu village in Dujiangyan now plans to use part of the compensation to buy some clothes and cooking appliances. The government began paying compensation to the quake survivors yesterday to enable them to perform the last rites of their relatives and buy the basic necessities. "We needed some money urgently because we lost nearly everything in the quake," says Song, whose house collapsed on May 12, killing her mother. The only things she and her husband could retrieve from the debris was a stove. "The government has responded on time and with efficiency to the needs of the victims," Song says. "It has even made the compensation procedure easy." More than 3,000 people had been confirmed dead in Dujiangyan till yesterday morning, with the number of casualties crossing 51,000. The local social security bureau began granting relief funds to families who had lost their pension-covered relatives. "Actually, nearly all urban residents who have a decent job are covered by the program, and their bereaved relatives could get the compensation amount from the local authorities," says Lu Maodun, deputy head of the bureau. He distributes the checks from a makeshift office because the bureau's office building collapsed in the quake. The survivors can cash the checks easily at a nearby bank, Lu says. But only a dozen-odd households have picked up the money so far. The bureau, however, is spreading the information through mobile text messages, and tens of thousands of people are expected to collect it in the next few days. In addition, the local civil affairs apartment will pay 5,000 yuan to every family that has lost a member to the quake. In Dujiangyan, close to Sichuan province's capital of Chengdu, people were emotionally stable, even though thousands of homeless were staying in tents, spread over hundreds of meters on Tianfu Avenue. Prices of essentials have remained steady, the residents say, because most food supplies are allocated and the region is very close to rural areas, from where grains, vegetables and meat are supplied. "The government has done an excellent job in helping us," says Li Bin, a homeless schoolteacher. The area is disinfected twice a day and workers collect garbage regularly to pre-empt any outbreak of disease. Also, makeshift toilets and bathrooms have been built to keep the area clean. (For more biz stories, please visit Industries)
|
主站蜘蛛池模板: 波多结野衣一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品男人的天堂| 少妇被粗大的猛烈进出69影院一| 国产精品亚洲mnbav网站| 国产精品国产三级国快看| 久久国产V一级毛多内射| 国产一区二区三区我不卡| 国内熟妇人妻色在线视频| 999国产精品一区二区| 中文精品无码中文字幕无码专区 | 无人去码一码二码三码区| 国产极品精品自在线不卡| 亚洲AV无码秘?蜜桃蘑菇| 亚洲av日韩在线资源| 精品无码国产污污污免费| 亚洲日韩性欧美中文字幕| 无码a∨高潮抽搐流白浆| 午夜通通国产精品福利| 亚洲免费自拍偷拍视频| 亚洲精品一区二区五月天| 一本色道久久综合狠狠躁篇| 日韩人妻av一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区不卡视频| 中文字幕av中文字无码亚| 黄色网站免费在线观看| 资源在线观看视频一区二区| 久久精品人人槡人妻人人玩| 国产亚洲精品AA片在线爽| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 欧美日韩久久中文字幕| 国产av国片精品一区二区| 日韩一卡2卡3卡4卡2021免费观看国色天香 | 麻豆一区二区三区精品视频| 国产欧美一区二区日本加勒比 | 四虎成人精品在永久在线| 九九热精品在线视频免费| 精品熟女少妇av免费观看| 成人国产亚洲精品天堂av| 精品 无码 国产观看| 天堂av成人网在线观看| 国产精品免费中文字幕|