<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Asia-Pacific

          Philippines pins hopes on inoculations

          By PRIME SARMIENTO in Hong Kong | China Daily Global | Updated: 2021-04-02 10:17
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          A health worker verifies a senior citizen's information prior to receiving her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, at a covered court in Manila, Philippines, March 29, 2021. [Photo/Agencies]

          With cases climbing, nation counts on Chinese vaccines for turnaround

          The Philippines is struggling to cope with a resurgence in COVID-19 infections, but Chinese-developed vaccine supplies are expected to help halt the virus' march.

          The number of new cases in the country rose to a range of 9,000 to 10,000 a day in the past week-compared with the roughly 2,000 new daily cases recorded in January and February.

          The sharp climb in cases was recorded despite the efforts of health officials in rolling out the country's vaccination program early last month. The vaccines-in that phase of the drive-were donated by China and the COVAX initiative, a global facility backed by the World Health Organization that aims to get supplies to lower-income countries.

          About 1 million vaccine doses from Chinese drugmaker Sinovac Biotech arrived in the country on Monday-the first batch of some 25 million doses procured by the Philippine government from China. President Rodrigo Duterte attended the arrival ceremony.

          In late February, a donated batch of the Sinovac vaccine became the first COVID-19 shot to reach the country.

          Despite domestic needs, China has taken the lead in donating vaccines to the Philippines, and also facilitated the vaccine procurement from China, said Huang Xilian, Chinese ambassador to the Philippines.

          "China now is the first and only country to provide vaccines to the Philippines through both donation and commercial procurement, which is a testament to our traditional friendship with solidarity and a closer partnership in the new era," he said at the ceremony on Monday.

          More Chinese vaccines will come soon to help the Philippines defeat the virus and normalize its economy, Huang said.

          The Philippine government has locked down the capital region of Metro Manila and surrounding provinces to contain the spike in infections. The lockdown started on Saturday and will be enforced until Sunday.

          Experts expect the vaccination program be complemented by mass testing, contact tracing, the building of more facilities and more hiring to help the thousands of overworked healthcare workers.

          "The country's health workers are very tired and have low morale," said Robert Mendoza, president of the Alliance of Health Workers.

          Mendoza told a virtual news briefing on Wednesday that most hospitals are understaffed and the situation has worsened with infections among workers taking them off the wards with quarantines.

          He said that in some hospitals, more than half of the beds are filled with COVID-19 patients. Emergency rooms are full and some patients even have to stay in tents on hospital grounds.

          Anthony Leachon, a former special adviser to the National Task Force against COVID-19, said most of the country's hospitals are already full and can barely accommodate the increasing number of patients coming in. The supply of vaccines is limited, and healthcare workers are also in danger of getting sick because of fatigue.

          Complacency a factor

          He said the premature reopening of the economy, combined with people's complacency in adopting health protocols and the arrival of more infectious variants are the key factors behind the spike in cases.

          As of Thursday, the Philippines had reported 756,199 infections, with more than 17 percent of the case listed as active, according to the health department. This count is the second highest in Southeast Asia.

          Jomar Rabajante, member of the University of the Philippines' COVID-19 Pandemic Response Team, expects the number of infections to continue to rise owing to the high positivity rate.

          He said the effect of the new lockdown measures will be reflected only after two weeks.

          "We need to have protective measures and we need to isolate infected people efficiently and effectively. We need to protect the vulnerable," he said.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品一区二区免费不卡| 国产精品中文字幕自拍| 日韩大片一区二区三区| 少妇粗大进出白浆嘿嘿视频| 日韩美少妇大胆一区二区| 99久久国产综合精品成人影院| 国产小视频免费观看| 18禁无遮挡啪啪无码网站破解版| 久久精品第九区免费观看| 天天躁夜夜躁狠狠喷水| 国产精品久久蜜臀av| 婷婷色爱区综合五月激情韩国| 国产av一区二区三区丝袜| 欧洲精品色在线观看| 最新亚洲人成网站在线影院| 365天今时之欲在线观看| 亚洲精品熟女一区二区| 国产高清午夜人成在线观看,| 亚洲欧洲日产国码久在线| 亚洲综合激情六月婷婷在线观看| 亚洲高清日韩专区精品| 人人妻人人做人人爽| 黑森林福利视频导航| 91精品啪在线观看国产91九色| 日韩在线视频一区二区三区| 国产精品一二三中文字幕| 精品国产不卡在线观看免费 | 亚洲国产成人久久综合人| 好吊妞| 精品久久精品午夜精品久久| 国产三级国产精品国产专区 | 伊人色综合久久天天| 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 国产精品无码av不卡| 免费人成在线观看播放国产| 军人粗大的内捧猛烈进出视频| 天天躁夜夜躁狠狠喷水| 色偷偷女人的天堂亚洲网| 四虎www永久在线精品| 一道本AV免费不卡播放| 狠狠人妻久久久久久综合九色 |