<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          Sports
          Home / Sports / Table tennis

          Eight months on hold, table tennis is back

          Xinhua | Updated: 2020-11-11 11:21
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          China's Chen Meng returns the ball during the women's singles semifinal against Germany's Han Ying at the 2020 ITTF women's world cup in Weihai, east China's Shandong province, Nov 10, 2020. [Photo/Xinhua]

          WEIHAI, China - Chen Meng was elated to be crowned for the first time at the ITTF Women's World Cup, but what made the Chinese top paddler even more excited was that she could play competitive games again.

          "Almost every day during the past several months, I've been dreaming of returning to the court and playing matches," the world No 1 women's singles player said after winning the World Cup title here on Tuesday.

          The ITTF Women's World Cup kicked off last Sunday in Weihai, east China's Shandong province, ending an eight-month hiatus of international table tennis due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

          The last tournament held before the World Cup was the ITTF World Tour Platinum Qatar Open, which curtained down on March 8.

          "At first we expected that suspension of table tennis activities would last one or two months. But when it turned to June or July, the pandemic was still not over. We didn't know when it would be either," recalled the ITTF CEO Steve Dainton.

          Dainton revealed that he received a call from the Chinese Table tennis Association (CTTA) President Liu Guoliang to discuss whether the tournaments could be staged in China.

          "Definitely it would be good for table tennis, but it required a lot of work before we finally arrived here," he noted.

          Safety and health is the top priority. But for the ITTF and CTTA, it isn't an easy mission as they had no epidemic prevention and control experiences for sport events.

          Therefore, both sides had to draw experiences from other events that had been successfully restarted. And a process of in-depth communication and coordination followed in, said Dainton.

          It could well explain that after the very first point between Lily Zhang and Margaryta Pesotska was decided, Dainton and Liu, along with members from the two working groups, stood up to celebrate it in a joyous fashion at the Weihai Nanhai Olympic Center.

          The Men's Cup and the ITTF Finals will also be held in China later this month, as the ITTF called the series as #RESTART.

          "We felt a bit relieved when the first points arrived," Dainton said. "Still three weeks to go, we cannot relax too much, but after all it's a good start."

          "Firstly I want to thank China," Dainton noted.

          "Hopefully, more and more people will support our sport and will be aware of what we have done to make it happen."

          A total of 21 players from 15 countries and regions participated in the three-day Women's World Cup. It is the first international sports event hosted in China featuring overseas athletes.

          Stringent epidemic prevention and control measures have been implemented ever since players arrived at the first point of entry, or even prior to that. Before overseas participants departed to China, they had to fill in relevant information and monitor his/her physical conditions on a daily basis.

          They were required to undergo a 14-day quarantine after arriving in China, with a more flexible method adopted for the second part of the quarantine period, when athletes could resume training while experiencing strict self-monitoring.

          After games that were played behind closed doors, athletes greeted each other by nodding instead of shaking hands. Wearing face masks and social distancing were necessary throughout the competition. Also, four disinfection robots were employed at hotels and venues.

          On the basis of anti-virus measures, organizers showed their hospitality towards overseas players, such as buying birthday cakes and gifts to those whose birthdays fell during the World Cup period. Moreover, athletes could get an indoor fitness package as they had to stay in hotel rooms for quarantine.

          "Despite a bumpy road for table tennis' return, you finally make it to restart the matches," commented Liu, who enjoyed a stellar playing career by winning Olympic gold medals and world champions.

          "Now everything has paid off," added the Chinese table tennis legend.

          Most Popular

          Highlights

          What's Hot
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久亚洲国产成人亚| 日本japanese 30成熟| 国产精品小粉嫩在线观看| 欧美日韩理论| 国产精品亚洲五月天高清| 午夜免费啪视频| 色悠悠国产精品免费在线| 婷婷五月综合丁香在线| 少妇粗大进出白浆嘿嘿视频| 五月丁香在线视频| 4hu四虎永久免费地址ww416| 高潮迭起av乳颜射后入| 色偷偷成人综合亚洲精品| 亚洲自拍偷拍福利小视频| 日本欧美一区二区三区在线播放| 亚洲av男人电影天堂热app| 69天堂人成无码免费视频| 日韩精品一区二区三区视频| 亚洲第一区二区国产精品| 国产综合精品日本亚洲777| 厨房与子乱在线观看| 国产精品一区二区麻豆蜜桃 | 99999久久久久久亚洲| 亚洲 制服 丝袜 无码| 亚洲中文字幕无码av| 秋霞在线观看秋| 不卡免费一区二区日韩av| 国产网友愉拍精品视频手机| 乱码午夜-极品国产内射| 中文精品无码中文字幕无码专区 | 欧美巨大极度另类| 四虎成人精品无码| 99久久久无码国产精品古装| 精品国产亚洲av网站| 天堂av网一区二区三区| 精品偷拍一区二区三区| V一区无码内射国产| 精品无码国产不卡在线观看| ass少妇pics粉嫩bbw| 香蕉乱码成人久久天堂爱| 成人无码视频|