<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Africa

          Kenya takes measures to prevent spread of pandemic to villages

          By EDITH MUTETHYA | China Daily Global | Updated: 2020-04-28 09:10
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          Children play in front of graffiti by a youth group that advocates the prevention of COVID-19 spread at the Mathare Valley slum in Nairobi, Kenya, on April 19. [THOMAS MUKOYA/REUTERS]

          With the Kenyan government enhancing efforts to control the spread of coronavirus, residents in the rural areas and officers are keenly observing imposed directives to ensure the pandemic does not find its way into villages, where the impact could be disastrous.

          COVID-19 has so far infected 355 people and killed 14 in the country.

          Strict measures have been taken at Kithyoko market in Machakos County. Water and soap have been kept at all the shop entrances, and customers should wash their hands before entering. Others have kept hand sanitizers for customers to use before entering shops.

          Daniel Nzomo, senior assistant chief at Kithyoko sub-location, said he is working closely with the Nyumba Kumi Initiative, a strategy of anchoring community policing at various levels, including households, markets and estates, to ensure government directives in controlling the virus are observed.

          Nzomo said that on Sundays he visits all churches in his sub-location to ensure they are closed and no gatherings are taking place.

          Every day at 7 pm, he patrols all the shopping centers accompanied by the police and the community policing teams to make sure the dusk-to-dawn curfew is observed.

          "We are discouraging idling at shopping centers and markets," Nzomo said. People visiting markets should quickly buy whatever they need and leave, he said.

          "We are encouraging people to stay at home in order to ensure the virus does not spread."

          He said it would be disastrous if the virus spreads to the villages, which are less developed, have high rates of poverty and a large elderly population, most of whom are susceptible to contracting the coronavirus.

          He said only 15 members of a family are allowed during burial ceremonies, and every attendee should wear a mask and observe social distancing rules. The funeral service should be completed within 1 hour.

          At a recent burial ceremony in Mwatungo village, he said the funeral service took about 40 minutes and few family members were allowed to attend. The deceased was not a victim of coronavirus.

          "Two sons of the deceased person sneaked in from Nairobi to attend the burial ceremony. One of them went back when he learned we were looking for him; we put the other on a 14-day self-quarantine under close observation from health officers. We are making sure nobody comes to villages from the most affected cities," Nzomo said.

          Mary Chebet, a resident of Kapsabet in Nandi County, said villagers are keenly observing the measures, such as controlled movement, hand-washing and wearing masks in public places. There is also a mandatory self-quarantine for people coming from affected counties.

          She said the entry to Kapsabet town is strictly monitored by the municipality to ensure whoever enters the town washes their hands first.

          "The secondhand clothes market has been closed, the number of people entering the market is controlled, and soap and water kept at shop entrances. The county government has provided free soaps," Chebet said.

          On Saturday, President Uhuru Kenyatta extended the nationwide curfew by 21 days and announced the cessation of movement in and out of the Nairobi metropolitan area and the counties of Kilifi, Mombasa and Kwale, most of which are affected by the pandemic.

          Kenyatta appealed to Kenyans to adhere to the measures put in place by the government and assured the nation the economy will reopen soon.

          Rashid Aman, chief administrative secretary for health, said the Ministry of Health, in collaboration with the county governments, will identify coronavirus isolation facilities in all the counties.

          Aman urged the counties to strengthen the multisectoral structures and educate their communities on how to stay healthy.

          Kenya's new guidelines on nutrition recommend increased consumption of fruits and vegetables to improve antioxidant levels in the body.

          The ministry has also recommended tea, lots of water, chicken soup, and herbs like sage, oregano and cinnamon for mild symptoms like cough, sore throat, fever and headache.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩综合夜夜香内射| 无码无遮挡刺激喷水视频| 男女激情一区二区三区| 大香伊蕉在人线国产免费| 亚洲国产成熟视频在线多多 | 日本黄页网站免费观看| 亚洲国产五月综合网| 又粗又硬又黄a级毛片| 亚洲人成小说网站色在线| 一区二区不卡99精品日韩| 国内熟女中文字幕第一页| 欧美va亚洲va在线观看| 无码专区中文字幕无码| 欧美熟妇乱子伦XX视频| 久久精品国产一区二区三| 亚洲精品不卡av在线播放| 伊人久久综合无码成人网| 男人av无码天堂| 亚洲AVAV天堂AV在线网阿V| 国产真人做爰免费视频| 9l精品人妻中文字幕色| 亚洲韩欧美第25集完整版| 日韩大尺度一区二区三区| 国内自拍av在线免费| 1区2区3区4区产品不卡码网站| 欧美日韩在线第一页免费观看| 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠av不卡| 一本大道久久a久久综合| 久久综合国产精品一区二区| 性虎精品无码AV导航| 在线天堂资源www中文| 国产资源精品中文字幕| √天堂中文官网8在线| 91福利视频一区二区| 亚洲色欲色欲WWW在线丝| 老太脱裤子让老头玩xxxxx| 国产精品亚洲日韩AⅤ在线观看| 亚洲精品综合网二三区| 一本久道综合色婷婷五月| 亚洲精品国产第一区二区| 精品无码av不卡一区二区三区|