<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          Washington confident despite second fatality

          By AI HEPING in New York | China Daily | Updated: 2020-03-03 10:27
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          Travelers wear protective mask as they walk through in terminal 5 at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, on Sunday. [NAM Y. HUH/ASSOCIATED PRESS]

          As the United States reported a second death from the novel coronavirus, Washington officials told US citizens to be prepared for an escalation in cases, but also expressed confidence that the virus would be brought under control.

          In an interview on Sunday, US Vice-President Mike Pence defended the US administration's handling of the epidemic after rising criticism of the state of the country's preparedness.

          Pence made the remarks on CNN's State of the Union, saying that risks from the disease remain low for most US citizens, while promising to make up for testing shortfalls.

          "We could have more sad news, but the American people should know the risk to the average American remains low," Pence said.

          The assurances came a day after officials confirmed that two men had died in the northwestern state of Washington after becoming infected with the virus.

          The first was a man in his 50s, with no known contact with people infected abroad. The second was a man in his 70s. Both had "underlying health issues," according to reports.

          The US has had about 80 confirmed coronavirus cases in all, including 47 patients who were repatriated from the cruise ship Diamond Princess in Japan, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC.

          Genetic analysis suggests the virus had probably been spreading undetected for about six weeks in Washington state, The New York Times reported.

          The spread of the virus through communities would be an ominous development that would almost certainly intensify the epidemic in the United States.

          When asked on CNN why the US was so far behind other countries in producing testing kits, Pence said more than 15,000 testing kits were released over the weekend, the federal Food and Drug Administration has approved a testing regime, and the government was working with a commercial provider to produce an additional 50,000 kits.

          US President Donald Trump put Pence in charge of the response to the virus last week, amid rising complaints that the administration had been slow to prepare for the virus' spread.

          Trump himself had been criticized for seeming to low-ball the risk, even as experts from the CDC warned of a looming health emergency.

          In defending the administration's response, Pence credited Trump with acting quickly to establish quarantines for US citizens brought back from countries at high risk.

          'Don't buy a mask'

          Meanwhile, as US citizens take precautions, health officials have been unanimous in saying: Don't buy a mask.

          "STOP BUYING MASKS!" US Surgeon General Jerome M. Adams posted on Twitter on Saturday morning.

          They aren't effective in preventing people from catching the coronavirus and instead put sick patients and communities at risk if health-care providers can't get them, he said.

          US citizens have been rushing to buy masks, which has led to price-gouging and counterfeit products.

          Pence said the White House virus group is working to develop a course of action that would prioritize masks for use by "high-risk "health-care professionals, while adding that the US is contracting with 3M to create 35 million more masks each month.

          Agencies and Linda Deng in Seattle contributed to this story.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕日韩有码一区| 国产性生大片免费观看性| 日韩精品卡一卡二卡三卡四| 成人特黄A级毛片免费视频| 风流少妇树林打野战视频 | 黄页网址大全免费观看| 中文字幕日韩精品人妻| 久久精品国产免费观看频道| 成人3d动漫一区二区三区| 国产精品综合在线免费看| 亚洲午夜无码久久久久蜜臀AV | 成人国产精品日本在线观看| 中国少妇人妻xxxxx| 亚洲日本韩国欧美云霸高清| 啦啦啦www高清在线观看视频| 妺妺窝人体色www在线直播| 日韩中文字幕一二三视频| 少妇被多人c夜夜爽爽av| 夜色福利站WWW国产在线视频 | 国产精品亚洲二区在线看| 有码无码中文字幕国产精品| 国产精品美女免费无遮挡| 中文字幕v亚洲日本在线电影| 狠狠色狠狠综合久久| 久草热大美女黄色片免费看| 亚洲男人的天堂久久香蕉| 一本色道久久—综合亚洲| 国内精品久久久久影院不卡| jk白丝喷浆| 亚洲男女羞羞无遮挡久久丫| 女被男啪到哭的视频网站| 少妇精品视频一码二码三| 野花香视频在线观看免费高清版| 国产成人高清精品免费软件| 无码精品国产VA在线观看DVD| 成人精品区| 激情文学一区二区国产区| 中国女人内谢69xxxx| 国产成人久久精品二区三区| 国产日韩一区二区在线| 国产高潮大叫在线观看|