<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          Mystery case heightens concern in US

          CHINA DAILY | Updated: 2020-02-29 07:01
          Share
          Share - WeChat

          Woman gets coronavirus infection of unknown origin, but governor calm

          California Governor Gavin Newsom has said that he is confident the state can track and contain the possible spread of the coronavirus, despite the state having reported the first case of "community transmission" in the United States.

          Prior cases in the US involved those who had traveled to China or had close contact with a spouse who recently returned from overseas. A newly discovered case in Solano County, northeast of San Francisco, involves a woman who has not been in contact with a known carrier or traveled abroad.

          The governor said on Thursday that California officials are working closely with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC. He stressed that the effort to limit the spread of the new strain of the virus is well funded.

          Medical staff caring for the California woman with the first US case of novel coronavirus of unknown origin were unable to get her tested for five days because she had not traveled to outbreak-hit regions, a lawmaker revealed on Thursday.

          In a congressional hearing, Representative Ami Bera said the patient was admitted to hospital on Feb 19 and quickly placed on a ventilator.

          The same day, her doctors asked to submit a sample for a coronavirus test to federal authorities.

          But it was not until Feb 23, after her condition had worsened, that there was "an insistence and a strong push and ultimately the patient did get tested", added Bera, a doctor who once worked at the same hospital.

          He said he learned of the case details from former colleagues.

          It took a further three days for the positive result to return, and the CDC on Wednesday declared it the first suspected case of community transmission.

          This means the source of infection is unknown, a sign that the pathogen is no longer contained.

          If confirmed, the development represents a new and more complicated challenge in the battle against the virus in the US.

          In response to the Solano County case, California health officials have begun tracking down people who may have come in contact with the Solano County patient to halt the further spread of the virus.

          Newsom said the CDC will send 10 specialists to California to interview those who may have come in contact with the patient.

          Sonia Angell, director of the California Department of Public Health, said there is no known connection between the new case and Diamond Princess cruise ship passengers who were exposed to the virus overseas and quarantined at a military base in Solano County.

          "The (Solano County) patient had no known exposure to the virus through travel or close contact with a known infected individual," she said.

          Infections could increase

          Before the Solano County case, all 59 cases in the US were traced to people who had traveled abroad or had been in contact with those who had visited China.

          The prior cases included 14 people who had traveled in China, or their spouses had; three people who were evacuated from Wuhan in China, and 42 US passengers on the Diamond Princess.

          The number of cases in the US is small, but infections could increase rapidly and mirror the outbreaks in Italy or South Korea, a researcher warned.

          "It's possible to say we will suddenly have 20 or 30 cases from one particular place," Jeffrey Klausner, an adjunct professor of epidemiology at UCLA, told the Daily Beast. "People should expect that, but people should not be overly concerned."

          The flu season, which started in September, has killed about 10,000 people so far in the US.

          Scott Reeves in New York and Agencies contributed to this story.

           

           

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 天天爽夜夜爽视频精品| 一区一区三区产品乱码| 国产日韩精品欧美一区灰| 91孕妇精品一区二区三区| 国产精品成人av电影不卡| 日韩有码中文字幕国产| 亚洲成av人片在www色猫咪| 中文字幕精品久久久久人妻红杏1| 久久精品不卡一区二区| AVtt手机版天堂网国产| 亚洲人午夜精品射精日韩| 欧美激情视频二区三区| 亚洲综合在线亚洲优优色| 大香网伊人久久综合网2020| 午夜免费福利小电影| A级孕妇高清免费毛片| 国产极品AV嫩模| 色综合网天天综合色中文| 亚洲男女羞羞无遮挡久久丫 | 欧美区在线| 亚洲高清成人av在线| 国产成人亚洲欧美日韩| 久99久热免费视频播放| 四虎永久免费高清视频| 三级国产在线观看| 蜜桃网址| 国产男女猛烈无遮挡免费视频网址| 国产久免费热视频在线观看 | 亚洲精品国产字幕久久麻豆| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线蜜臀| 99中文字幕精品国产| 亚洲人成人无码网WWW电影首页| 亚洲成av人影院无码不卡| 亚洲欧美人成网站在线观看看| 国产精品美女久久久久久麻豆| 亚洲国产中文字幕精品| 国产情侣激情在线对白| 亚洲禁精品一区二区三区| 亚洲中文在线精品国产| 美日韩精品一区二区三区| 国产午夜一区二区在线观看|