<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / Latest

          Worldwide infections now top WHO's concerns

          By CHEN WEIHUA in Brussels | China Daily Global | Updated: 2020-02-28 17:37
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          US Army Colonel Lee Peters (left), director of Public Affairs of United States Forces Korea, and Colonel Kim Jun-rak of South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff give a news briefing at the Defense Ministry in Seoul on Thursday on the postponement of annual joint military drills due to coronavirus concerns. [Photo/Agencies]

          The World Health Organization said on Thursday that its greatest concern in relation to COVID-19 is no longer China, but the rest of the world.

          The organization said during a news conference in Geneva that Thursday was the second day in which the number of new cases reported in the rest of the world exceeded new cases in China.

          Outside China, there was, on Thursday, 3,474 cases in 44 countries and there had been 54 deaths. Seven countries had reported cases for the first time in the 24 hours preceding Thursday's news conference, including Brazil, the first in South America to do so.

          "It's what is happening in the rest of the world that is now our greatest concern," said the WHO's director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. "We are at a decisive point."

          He repeated the call for nations to seize the window of opportunity and said those that reported cases for the first time should "act aggressively now".

          "You can contain this virus," he said. "You can prevent people getting sick. You can save lives. So, my advice to these countries is to move swiftly."

          He added that every country should be ready for its first case, its first cluster, the first evidence of community transmission, and for dealing with sustained community transmission.

          "And it must be preparing for all of those scenarios at the same time," he said.

          Tedros warned that no country should assume it will not get cases.

          "That would be a fatal mistake, quite literally," he said.

          And he noted that the virus does not respect borders, does not distinguish between races or ethnicities, and has no regard for a country's GDP or its level of development, citing the outbreak in Italy, a member of the G7 where there have been hundreds of cases and more than a dozen deaths.

          Tedros said the key is for nations to not only work to prevent cases being imported into their territory but to also be ready to deal with cases when they have them.

          The WHO is expecting to issue updated surveillance guidance and case definitions for COVID-19 based on what it has learned so far, according to Michael Ryan, executive director of the WHO's Health Emergencies Program.

          Maria Van Kerkhove, technical lead with the program, has just returned from two weeks in China and said the lessons learned by Chinese health workers will be shared with the rest of the world, something, she said, that has been happening from the start.

          On Thursday, the European Union announced that no EU member state has called for checks on entry to the visa-free Schengen travel zone due to the COVID-19.

          "No member state signaled the intention of introducing border control at internal border," Dana Spinant, deputy spokeswoman for the European Commission said at the midday news briefing.

          Italy is the worst-hit European country. Authorities reported a total of 528 cases on Thursday, according to the WHO.

          The worst-affected areas are in the industrial north of the country — Lombardy, the region around Milan, and Veneto near Venice.

          Several countries, including Austria, Croatia, Greece and Switzerland, reported that they have cases involving people who had been to Italy, as did Algeria in Africa.

          In France, President Emmanuel Macron told Agence France-Presse on Thursday that the country is on the verge of a coronavirus epidemic.

          "We are facing a crisis, an epidemic, that is coming," he said as he visited a Paris hospital treating patients infected with the virus.

          His visit to the Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital came after it recorded the first COVID-19 death of a French national on Wednesday. The French Health Ministry's website currently lists 18 COVID-19 cases in the country, according to Politico.

          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
           
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品多p对白交换绿帽| 99久久免费国产精品| 国产一区二区三区4区| 成人3d动漫一区二区三区| 91网站在线看| 国产精品一品二区三区日韩| 色悠悠国产在线视频一线| av中文无码韩国亚洲色偷偷| 色伦专区97中文字幕| 亚洲日韩一区二区| 国产麻豆精品一区一区三区| 国产成人精品亚洲午夜麻豆| 国产精品视频亚洲二区| 一区二区三区岛国av毛片| 日本道精品一区二区三区| 荡乳尤物h| 亚洲黄色性视频| 手机精品视频在线观看免费| 成av免费大片黄在线观看| 亚洲国产综合自在线另类| 婷婷婷国产在线视频| 精品国产女同疯狂摩擦2| 久久碰国产一区二区三区| 国产在线中文字幕精品| 怡红院一区二区三区在线| 最新国产精品中文字幕| 亚洲色成人一区二区三区| 人人妻人人澡人人爽欧美一区双| 日韩人妻少妇一区二区三区 | 精精国产XXX在线观看| 自拍日韩亚洲一区在线| 一本色道久久88精品综合| 综合亚洲网| 久久久久亚洲AV无码专| 日韩人妻一级av一区二区| 久久国产成人午夜av影院| 99久久精品国产一区二区| 日本道精品一区二区三区| 久久99国产精一区二区三区!| 色欲狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕| 欧美老熟妇牲交|