<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Europe

          Europeans scramble to contain outbreak

          Italy in main focus as checkpoints at quarantined towns highlight risks

          CHINA DAILY | Updated: 2020-02-26 07:36
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          Military officers wearing face masks stand outside Duomo cathedral, closed by authorities due to the coronavirus outbreak, in Milan, Italy, on Monday. FLAVIO LO SCALZO/REUTERS

          Italy in main focus as checkpoints at quarantined towns highlight risks

          With the novel coronavirus taking aim at a broadening swath of the globe, officials in Europe are now scrambling to limit the spread of an outbreak that poses new threats far beyond its epicenter.

          Italy is trying to contain Europe's worst outbreak of the virus, with more than 280 people having tested positive for it and seven dying as of Tuesday. Most of the cases are in the northern regions of Lombardy, which includes the financial capital Milan, and Veneto.

          The sudden outbreak of the disease over the weekend triggered alarm in Milan, bringing a noticeable drop in the number of people in public places and prompting shoppers to rush to supermarkets to stock up on basics.

          Milan cathedral has been closed to visitors and the Venice carnival, one of the world's premier tourist attractions, shut early for the first time in decades. Police manned checkpoints around a dozen quarantined northern towns as worries grew across the continent, while upcoming football matches in Italy's Serie A league and the Europa League will be played behind closed doors.

          In addition to Italy, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Belgium, Sweden and Finland have reported confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection.

          UK authorities on Tuesday advised its citizens who had visited northern Italy to self-isolate if they had any flu-like symptoms. Austria said it temporarily halted rail traffic across its border with Italy. Slovenia and Croatia, popular getaways for Italians, were holding crisis meetings.

          Although the outbreak has so far largely been confined to northern Italy, there were signs it could spread.

          Authorities in the Sicilian city of Palermo said on Tuesday that a tourist from the northern town of Bergamo had tested positive and been placed in quarantine pending further tests.

          "These rapid developments over the weekend have shown how quickly this situation can change," the Health Commissioner for the European Union, Stella Kyriakides, said in Brussels.

          "We need to take this situation of course very seriously, but we must not give in to panic, and, even more importantly, to disinformation."

          In an interview on Tuesday, Italian Deputy Economy Minister Laura Castelli said the country may need to call on the European Union to offer leeway on its budget targets as it struggles with the impact of the outbreak on an economy already on the brink of recession.

          The comments came a day after Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte warned that the fallout from the outbreak, so far concentrated in the economic powerhouses of northern Italy, would be "very strong".

          EU support

          On Monday, the European Union announced that it will spend 232 million euros ($251 million) on efforts to stop the spread of the respiratory disease.

          As it announced the funding, the European Commission said it was working "around the clock" to support EU member states in their fight to stop the outbreak becoming a pandemic.

          Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said the money will boost global preparedness, prevention, and containment of the virus.

          "As cases continue to rise, public health is the number one priority," she said.

          "Whether it be boosting preparedness in Europe, in China, or elsewhere, the international community must work together. Europe is here to play a leading role."

          Meanwhile, a team of experts from the World Health Organization and the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control arrived in Italy in a bid to support its authorities in countering the outbreak, the WHO announced on Monday night.

          The WHO noted that countries across the European region must continue to prepare for and respond to cases of the virus.

          Agencies and Earle Gale in London contributed to this story.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 8AV国产精品爽爽ⅤA在线观看| 国产成人亚洲综合图区| 97精品国产福利一区二区三区| 日韩精品一区二区三区视频| 午夜成人无码免费看网站| 青青草一级视频在线观看| 久久不见久久见免费视频| 精品乱人伦一区二区三区| 综合国产av一区二区三区| 中文字幕第一页国产| 亚洲综合在线亚洲优优色| 深田えいみ禁欲后被隔壁人妻| 国产精品亚洲国际在线看| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 日本xxxx丰满超清hd| 内射无套内射国产精品视频| 色综合久久久久综合体桃花网| 99久久久无码国产精品免费| 日韩欧美不卡一卡二卡3卡四卡2021免费| 又粗又硬又大又猛免费视频| 国产在线视频精品视频| 人妻少妇精品中文字幕| 欧美午夜成人片在线观看| 国产女人水多毛片18| 中文字幕结果国产精品| 亚洲综合无码明星蕉在线视频| 一区二区偷拍美女撒尿视频| 久久久久人妻精品一区三寸| 亚洲精品入口一区二区乱| 久久国产精品精品国产色| 少妇高潮喷水惨叫久久久久电影| 一区二区三区国产不卡| 99这里只有精品| 国产丰满乱子伦无码专区| 国产精品毛片va一区二区三区| 午夜av福利一区二区三区| 亚洲综合天堂一区二区三区| 国产精品嫩草99av在线| 精品无码一区二区三区的天堂| 国产偷窥熟女精品视频大全| 国产亚洲精品自在久久蜜TV|