<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / The fight against novel coronavirus

          WHO chief urges international effort in virus fight

          By CHEN WEIHUA in Brussels | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2020-02-12 05:39
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          Director-General of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus attends a news conference on the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Geneva, Switzerland, Feb 6, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

          The head of the World Health Organization has called on nations worldwide to show solidarity and make the most of the window of opportunity in the fight against the novel coronavirus outbreak.

          WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the opportunity was created because of the serious measures China had taken to fight the virus in Wuhan and other cities.

          He called on the world to fight the new virus as aggressively as possible.

          "You strike hard when the window of opportunity is there. That's what we're saying to the rest of the world. Let's be serious in using the window of opportunity we have," he told a news conference on Tuesday afternoon.

          According to the WHO, there had been 42,708 confirmed cases in China and more than 1,017 deaths as of 6 am on Tuesday, Geneva time. Outside China, there were 393 cases in 24 countries, with one death, in the Philippines.

          Ghebreyesus revealed that the first vaccine could be ready in 18 months, adding that "we have to do everything today using the available weapons to fight this virus, while preparing for the long-term."

          On Tuesday, the WHO announced that the disease caused by novel coronavirus was going to be called COVID-19, meaning the coronavirus disease that emerged in 2019. It said that it had to find a name that did not refer to a geographical location, animal, individual or group of people, and which was also easily pronounceable and related to the disease.

          "Having a name matters, to prevent the use of other names that can be inaccurate or stigmatizing," Ghebreyesus said, clearly referring to controversial and racially-charged terms used by some news outlets and politicians.

          He added that the main goal of a two-day research and innovation forum on the novel coronavirus that opened in Geneva on Tuesday would be "an agreed roadmap on what questions we need to ask, and how we will go about answering those questions."

          The forum gathered together more than 400 leading scientists and public health experts and officials from around the world, including many who attended remotely, online or by phone.

          In his opening remarks, Ghebreyesus said delegates were not there to talk about politics or money, but science. He warned that the outbreak is testing the world.

          "It's a test of political solidarity – whether the world can come together to fight a common enemy that does not respect borders or ideologies. It's a test of financial solidarity – whether the world will invest now in fighting this outbreak, or pay more later to deal with its consequences. And it's a test of scientific solidarity – will the world come together to find shared answers to shared problems?" he said.

          He expressed the opinion that there is still much that is not known about the virus, such as its transmission dynamics, the period of infectiousness, how samples can be used for diagnosis and the monitoring of treatment, the best way to manage cases of severe disease, and ethical issues to be aware of in research.

          "To defeat this outbreak, we need answers to all those questions, and more," he told delegates.

          "The bottom line is solidarity, solidarity, solidarity," he continued, adding that the mantra is especially relevant in the realm of the sharing of samples and sequences.

          The WHO chief thanked Chinese experts and officials who attended the forum online.

          "We want you to know that we stand with you in solidarity, and we wish you courage, patience, success, and good health in these extremely trying circumstances," he said.

          On Tuesday, Michael Ryan, executive director of WHO's Health Emergencies Program, warned people not to attach unnecessary stigma to the outbreak. "This is an unfortunate event," he said.

          In a briefing on Monday, he praised China's capacities and capabilities in fighting the outbreak and repeated what Ghebreyesus had said, that if the disease reaches a health system that is not as capable as China's, the situation could become much worse.

          --end—

          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
           
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产精品综合久久网络| 人人妻人人狠人人爽天天综合网| 色视频在线观看免费视频| 影音先锋男人资源站| 亚洲一区二区三区自拍高清| 国产精品亚洲精品日韩已满十八小| 国产精品美女一区二三区| gogogo在线播放中国| 护士长在办公室躁bd| 亚洲成人资源在线观看| 日韩av中文字幕有码| 亚洲狼人久久伊人久久伊| 国产日韩精品欧美一区灰| 亚洲高清国产自产拍av| 无码日韩精品一区二区三区免费| 亚洲高清免费在线观看| 推油少妇久久99久久99久久| 国产区二区三区在线观看| 欧美怡春院一区二区三区| 亚洲中文精品人人永久免费| 亚洲精品综合一区二区三区| 久久久久青草线蕉亚洲| 国产精品一起草在线观看| 亚洲国产精品一区二区第一页| 亚洲夂夂婷婷色拍ww47| 性无码专区无码| 亚洲AV无码一区二区二三区软件| 男人狂桶女人高潮嗷嗷| 亚洲无av码一区二区三区| 国产不卡一区二区在线| 亚洲另类激情专区小说图片| 中文文字幕文字幕亚洲色| 日韩精品一区二区大桥未久| 日韩有码av中文字幕| 宝贝腿开大点我添添公视频免| 十八禁日本一区二区三区| 国产大屁股视频免费区| 国内自拍偷拍福利视频看看| 国产乱色国产精品免费视频| 蜜桃av亚洲第一区二区| 好吊视频一区二区三区人妖|