<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          US gov't shutdown poised to break record

          Xinhua | Updated: 2019-01-12 10:19
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          Photo taken on Jan 5, 2019 shows the White House in Washington DC, the United States. [Photo/Xinhua]

          WASHINGTON -- The partial shutdown of the US federal government over disputed congressional funds for President Donald Trump's border wall is poised to break record and become the longest in US history when it enters the 22nd day on Saturday.

          And still, no compromise is in sight, no deal is looming, and no easy alternative solution is foreseen.

          Even not much ado was observed in the Congress on Friday when the shutdown tied the 21-day record from the Clinton administration in 1990s. The Senate left town for the week after 1:00 pm ET and the House of Representatives also adjourned until Monday.

          PAYDAY WITHOUT PAY

          It seems only more groans can be heard, especially among some 80,000 federal workers who have been forced to go on unpaid leave or work without pay during the shutdown starting on Dec. 22.

          The shutdown officially hit their pocketbooks on Friday for the first time as they missed a paycheck on the supposed payday.

          The House sends to Trump's desk earlier on Friday a Senate-approved bill guaranteeing back pay for federal workers missing paychecks due to the ongoing shutdown. However, 78 percent of American workers say they're living paycheck to paycheck, according to a 2017 report by employment website CareerBuilder.

          The US National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) on Friday sued the federal government, claiming it "unlawfully deprived NATCA members of their earned wages without due process" during the shutdown.

          The association accused the government of violating the Fair Labor Standards Act because it is not paying air traffic controllers at least minimum wage and because the Federal Aviation Administration did not pay them overtime during the shutdown.

          Meanwhile, a NPR/Ipsos Poll issued Friday found that about seven in 10 Americans, including a majority of Republicans, say the government shutdown is "embarrassing for the country" and will hurt the economy. Only three in 10 believe the government should remain closed until there is funding for a wall along the US-Mexico border.

          The poll results suggest an upper hand of congressional Democrats in the ongoing stalemate with Trump, local analysts say.

          NO EASY WAY OUT

          The negotiations over the wall-funding dispute have largely hit a dead end amid the ongoing shutdown, with no easy alternative way out is in sight.

          On Friday, Trump said a national emergency is the easy way to end the shutdown though he "won't do it so fast" and rather not.

          "What we're not looking to do right now is national emergency," the president reportedly told a roundtable discussion on border security at the White House.

          Trump said earlier this week that he will almost "100 percent" declare a national emergency as a way to fund his border wall if Congress can't reach a deal.

          Local media said the reason why Trump is reluctant now is that he believes his administration will be sued and such a move will be blocked by the federal court.

          "I'll be sued. It'll be brought to the 9th Circuit and maybe even though the wording is unambiguous...we'll probably lose there, too," Trump said, adding he would "hopefully win" at the Supreme Court.

          Many Republican lawmakers also worry about a national emergency solution will set a bad precedent for a future Democratic president.

          Trump has locked himself in the stalemate over his demand for $5.7 billion for funding a wall along the US-Mexico border, which was the major campaign promise he made in June 2015 when he announced his decision for a presidential bid.

          Democrats have pointed to $1.3 billion as their cap, and insisted on it be used on fencing instead of a concrete border wall. They have vowed to block any sort of funding for the wall, accusing Trump of having "manufactured" a crisis on the border.

          Earlier on Friday, House Democrats, together with 10 Republicans, passed a bill to reopen the Interior Department, Environmental Protection Agency and Forest Service. But the bill is expected to go nowhere since Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell insisted he would not bring up any funding measure unless with Trump's support.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品黄色av一区二区三区| 国产色无码精品视频免费| 亚洲精品美女久久久久9999| 亚洲人成网站久久久综合| 无码熟熟妇丰满人妻porn| 黄色三级亚洲男人的天堂| 国产精品久久久久无码网站| 少妇特黄a一区二区三区| 亚洲av成人精品免费看| 久久精品国产亚洲AⅤ无码| 日韩在线视频线观看一区| 精品国产中文字幕av| 久久精品国产亚洲av热九九热 | 久热这里只有精品视频3| 精品久久人人做爽综合| 久视频精品线在线观看| 亚洲一区二区三区蜜桃臀| 欧美颜射内射中出口爆在线 | 亚洲国产精品黄在线观看| 性色a∨精品高清在线观看| 亚洲中文超碰中文字幕| 九色综合久99久久精品| 波多野结衣高清一区二区三区| 在线永久看片免费的视频| 国产精品一区 在线播放| 三级国产在线观看| 亚洲精品无amm毛片| 99国精品午夜福利视频不卡99| 无人视频在线观看免费播放影院| 一区二区三区四区黄色片| 国产午夜福利精品久久不卡| www欧美在线观看| 日韩一区在线中文字幕| 岛国av免费在线播放| 亚洲一线二线三线品牌精华液久久久| 亚洲精品无amm毛片| 乱码午夜-极品国产内射| 亚洲男人的天堂一区二区| 国产成人精品视频一区二区三| 国产精品午夜福利片国产| 国产精品爆乳在线播放|