<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          WH says Trump position unchanged as Syria withdrawal plans slow

          Updated: 2019-01-08 09:43
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          US President Donald Trump speaks to the media as he returns from Camp David to the White House in Washington, US, Jan 6, 2019. [Photo/Agencies]

          WASHINGTON - The White House sought to make the case on Monday that President Donald Trump had not changed his position on withdrawing US troops from Syria, a day after his national security adviser outlined conditions for a withdrawal that could take months.

          Trump's abrupt announcement last month that he was bringing home the roughly 2,000 troops in Syria, saying they had succeeded in their mission to defeat Islamic State there, sparked concern among officials in Washington and allies abroad and prompted Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to resign.

          In recent days, Trump administration officials have applied the brakes, making clear the withdrawal will not happen quickly. The president himself said last week that the United States would get out of Syria slowly "over a period of time."

          "The president hasn't changed his position, as he mentioned his primary goal is to ensure the safety of our troops and the safety of our allies as well," White House spokeswoman Mercedes Schlapp told Fox News on Monday. "And so the Department of Defense will come up with its operational plan to safely withdraw our troops."

          "It takes time to take the troops out because we want to make sure that our troops are safe in this process," she said.

          Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron discussed the two countries' commitment to destroy Islamic State and "plans for a strong, deliberate, and coordinated withdrawal of US troops from Syria" during a telephone call on Monday, the White House said.

          On Sunday, White House national security adviser John Bolton added a new condition to the US withdrawal from Syria, saying Turkey must agree to protect the United States' Kurdish allies.

          Trump reiterated on Sunday that the United States would pull its troops out of Syria but suggested the move might not happen soon.

          Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told CNBC on Monday that the Syria drawdown is a "change of tactics" but reiterated that it does not alter the US commitment to defeat Islamic State and counter Iran's influence in the region.

          Islamic State has been beaten back from large areas of territory it once controlled in Syria. But Trump's announcement of a US pullout left many questions open, including whether Kurdish fighters who had been operating in northern Syria alongside US forces would be attacked by their long-time enemy, Turkey.

          Allies were also concerned that the withdrawal could leave the United States with few options to prevent a resurgence of Islamic State.

          As to whether Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan could be trusted not to turn on America's Kurdish allies in Syria, Pompeo said "Erdogan made a commitment to President Trump" that those who fought with US troops against Islamic State would be protected.

          He told CNBC that Bolton was visiting Turkey this week "to have a conversation with the Turks about how they will effectuate that in light of the US withdrawal."

          Erdogan warned in an opinion piece in the New York Times on Monday that the US withdrawal from Syria must be planned carefully and with the right partners, saying Turkey was the only country "with the power and commitment to perform that task."

          On Dec 19, the day he first announced the pullout, Trump said in a video message, referring to the US troops, "They're all coming back and they're coming back now. We won."

          At the time, the White House declined to offer a timeline for withdrawal. However, one US official said then that Washington aimed to withdraw troops within 60 to 100 days and a second official said they could leave even sooner.

          Reuters

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 蜜桃臀av在线一区二区| 亚洲欧美偷国产日韩| 欧美成人h亚洲综合在线观看| 久久热这里只有精品66| 欧美黑人添添高潮a片www| 国产一国产一级毛片aaa| 亚洲精品中文av在线| 色爱综合另类图片av| 亚洲国产成人无码av在线影院| 中文字幕无码免费久久9一区9| 色猫咪av在线网址| 97人人模人人爽人人喊电影| 视频一区二区三区在线视频| 99久久国产综合精品成人影院| 精品无码一区在线观看| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线蜜臀| 免费永久在线观看黄网站| 日韩亚av无码一区二区三区| 偷拍亚洲一区二区三区| 闷骚的老熟女人15p| 91中文字幕一区在线| 99人中文字幕亚洲区三| 忘忧草在线社区www中国中文| 亚洲天堂av在线一区| 久久大香萑太香蕉av| 野花韩国高清电影| 日本久久99成人网站| 人妻夜夜爽天天爽三区丁香花 | 九九热精品免费视频| 亚洲精品av无码喷奶水网站| 午夜福利yw在线观看2020| 亚洲人成亚洲人成在线观看| 丝袜人妖av在线一区二区| 国产老头多毛Gay老年男| 亚洲一二区制服无码中字| 365天今时之欲在线观看| 国产精品区一区第一页| 亚洲日韩AV一区二区三区四区| 国产精品中文av专线| 影音先锋男人资源站| 国产成人高清亚洲综合|