|
CHINA> Listen to China Daily
![]() |
|
Related
Their best foot forward
(chinadaily.com.cn)
Updated: 2009-09-16 11:04
The moment Zhao Xinna heard about a chance to be in the October 1 parade, she wanted to march, even though she knew it might mean 10 months away from her newborn baby. "Being in the parade has been my dream for 10 years," the 28-year-old said. A decade ago, during celebrations to mark New China's 50th birthday, Zhao was in Tian'anmen Square among thousands of student dancers. Back then, she marveled at those in the parade. Ever since, she had had a burning desire to take part. Now, as a member of the civilian 'block' that will represent militia in the parade marking 60 years since the founding of the People's Republic, her dream is coming true. Out of all the blocks in the massive parade, Zhao's is the only one comprised of civilians. Each member is female and lives in Beijing's Chaoyang district. Zhao said she first heard about the opportunity to take part late last year during a recruitment event in her sub-district of Chaowai. At the time, her daughter, Tiantian, was 8 months old. Zhao said the full-time preparation for the parade, where she has learned to march to a military standard, has been painful sometimes. But no sacrifice was greater than being away from her child during her intensive residential training. "That was painful. I have been staying away from home," said the young mother, who took a photo of her daughter with her. "Every night, before the blackout, I take the photo out to have a look. But compared with the honor, the pain is nothing." She has been writing a diary, recording her parade experiences, for her daughter. Wang Haiyang, commissar for the block, said its members include people who work in schools, hospitals, government agencies, State-owned firms and private companies. He said most members, born in the 1980s or early 1990s, are sole children in their families. "They give up their creature comforts when they come to camp to train," he said, pointing out that the stereotypical view of young people is that they are self-centered. Wang said, despite the stereotype, it was easy to find young people wanting to take part. Zhang Yuanyuan is such a person. She is the only member of the squad to have returned from overseas, having lived in Singapore for five years. "My friends told me, the moment I become a Singapore citizen, my Chinese passport must be cut in half," the 28-year-old Beijing resident said. "I could never allow that to happen." Zhang and Zhao and the others in the team are looking forward to the moment they pass Tian'anmen Square together. Zhao said she cannot imagine how that will feel. Then, she said, she will once again see her daughter. She wonders how that will feel - to once more hold her child in her arms, only this time as a parade veteran.
About the broadcaster: Nancy Matos is a foreign expert at China Daily Website. Born and raised in Vancouver, Canada, Nancy is a graduate of the Broadcast Journalism and Media program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology. Her journalism career in broadcast and print has taken her around the world from New York to Portugal and now Beijing. Nancy is happy to make the move to China and join the China Daily team.
|
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品久久久久久亚洲色| 成人无码无遮挡很H在线播放| 蜜臀av一区二区三区在线| 年轻女教师hd中字3| 亚洲中文字幕第二十三页| 女人下边被添全过视频的网址| 综合偷自拍亚洲乱中文字幕| 国产欧美日韩精品丝袜高跟鞋| 中文字幕在线制服丝袜| 国产成人亚洲精品无码综合原创| 四虎影院176| 亚洲人成人一区二区三区| 国产精品高清一区二区三区| 中文字幕 日韩 人妻 无码| 一本色道久久88亚洲综合| 少妇被粗大的猛烈进出免费视频| 色狠狠色噜噜AV一区| 国产suv精品一区二区四| 中文字幕日韩有码av| 18禁成人免费无码网站| 国产精品毛片一区二区三| 亚洲国产综合自在线另类| 熟女人妻aⅴ一区二区三区电影| 在线免费观看视频1区| 天天看片视频免费观看| 亚洲熟女乱色一区二区三区| 少妇午夜福利一区二区三区| 在线高清免费不卡全码| 国产成人福利在线视频播放下载| 日本不卡的一区二区三区| 熟妇人妻系列aⅴ无码专区友真希 中文字幕日韩精品国产 | 97精品国产高清在线看入口| 亚洲一区成人av在线| 欧美激情黑人极品hd| 亚洲精品日韩在线观看| 欧美激情综合一区二区三区| 人妻日韩人妻中文字幕| 综合成人亚洲网友偷自拍| 久草热在线视频免费播放| 欧美日韩人成综合在线播放| 亚洲午夜精品毛片成人播放|